Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Living Below the Line - Day 2

End of day 2 - and there still some frozen vegies in the freezer

The morning of day 2 was probably the worst I've felt so far. I felt extremely tired and light headed. I was having trouble concentrating and keeping my vision in focus. I felt so bad I wondered if I was able to go on at all. After speaking to another friend doing the challenge she assured me it would be okay to have a cup of tea and then see how I felt. So I did, and I did feel better. The rest of the day picked up from there.

Breakfast - 1 bowl of oats and milk (8c)

Mid-Morning Snack - cup of tea with milk and sugar & 2 slices of buttered toast (15c)

Lunch - 2 minute noodles with frozen vegies in broth (29c)

Dinner - the left over horrible pasta from the night before :( (71c)

Day 2 Total - $1.23

After the morning slump, yesterday was easier. I didn't go to bed hungry and I got a good nights sleep. Today is the last of the uphill climb so whatever happens I know it will be over soon.

I can't imagine how awful it would be to go on for the rest of your life living like this, and not having the opportunity to do anything else. Live Below the Line is not just donating  funds to buy people food. They are aiming to break the poverty cycle in Cambodia and New Guinea where peoples choices are between sending their children to school and going hungry or sending their children to work and having a meager amount of food on the table.

By donating you are helping to educate children in these developing countries to break out of the poverty cycle. If you can skip your morning coffee today and donate the money instead that will make a difference.




You can sponsor me in my Live Below the Line Challenge by clicking here. The money raised goes towards educating children in Cambodia and New Guinea in order to break the poverty cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment